Dogs are the best dosage of happiness and entertainment that one could ever have. If you are planning to get a pet at home, then this guide can help you understand the process of adoption and dog price in India. Here we are going to introduce dog prices and for further description, scroll down to find the breed and other features.
Table of Contents
Dog price in India
Having a pet at home can bring a vast number of benefits that can help improve every aspect of your life. From bringing optimism to better health, dogs contribute a lot to their owner’s life. In the past few years, there has been an impressive increase in the number of Indian families opting for pets.
If you are also a dog-lover and want to keep a pet dog, then with the below-mentioned dog prices, let us convince you to go ahead and get the cheapest dog in India. Whether you believe it or not, dogs can really enhance your mood. They can certainly bring a smile to your face and improve your temperament every time you feel anxious. Living with a dog can also help you tackle certain medical conditions such as blood pressure and anxiety.
While pet dogs offer many benefits, they also require attention and dedication. If you are planning to get one, then check out our list of dog prices in India and select the one that you like the most. Here you will get all the information regarding puppy dog prices in India with a list of popular dog breeds that Indians usually buy.
Average dog prices in India: Get your favorite breed in India
The average prices of dogs in India may vary depending on the quality, popularity, and purity of the dog breed you select. People often look for the cheapest dog in India but get confused about the features. This is why the dogs price list is compiled to help you understand the origin, physical appearance, and the relative price of the dog. With the help of this information, you can identify the cheapest dog in India based on the features you are looking for.
Indian dog price list (with descriptions: origin/ height/ price)
If you are also looking for a pet dog in India, then you must check out the price list of different breeds of dogs. Here we discuss features of different breeds of dogs and find out more details about their origin, height and price. Understanding these things can help you decide which dog should be best for you. Check out the price list of the 12 cheapest dogs in India that you can keep as pets.
Price – ₹5,000 – ₹20,000
Pugs are often described as “much in little” and are, of course, one of the most charming and playful dogs out there. If you are looking for dogs that are funny, expressive, and sweet, then keeping pugs as a pet can be the best for you.
- Origin of pugs: The origin of pugs is China, and they were brought to Europe in the sixteenth century. Since then, pugs have become popular as pets worldwide, including in India.
- Physical features: Full-grown pugs are 25 to 36 cm with an average weight 14 to 18 kg. Pugs have distinctive features such as a short-muzzled face with wrinkles and a curled tail. Pugs have a square cobby body with a deep chest and well-developed muscle. Their ears are shaped as “rose” or “button” and are folded with the front edge against the side of their heads.
Price – ₹15,000 – ₹40,000
People looking for a dog with an aesthetic body can keep Doberman as their pets. Many people in India have Doberman as pets. These dogs are recognized as one of the most dangerous ones in the world. While some people are afraid of these dogs, some consider keeping a Doberman as a pride. Check below for more details about Doberman:
- Origin of Doberman: These dogs were first bred in Germany by a tax collector named Karl Freidrich Louis Dobermann.
- Physical features: Dobermanns have a muscular appearance with a square body as they were first intended as guard dogs. The height of a male Doberman is around 66-72 cm, while that of a female Doberman is 63-68 cm. The weight of a male Doberman is 32-45 Kg.
Price – ₹6,000 – ₹8,000
Indian Spitz is one of the most common dogs in India. In India, these small dogs are also known as pomeranian dogs. Many people keep Indian Spitz as pets as they are alert and vocal. If you want to buy an Indian Spitz, then check below some more details about this popular breed of dog. This dogs price in India is very affordable.
- Origin of Indian Spitz: While these dogs were originally introduced by the British, their popularity makes them a native of India.
- Physical features: These small dogs have a heigh of around 30 to 40 cm and weight 10 to 20 kg. Indian Spitz has distinctive features such as fluffy hair, hairless muzzle, and pointed ears. Due to their eyes, Indian Spitz has expressive faces that everyone likes. Generally, all Indian Spitz is white in color, while some can also be brown.
Price – ₹25,000 – ₹50,000
Popularly known as “saint hounds,” Beagles are very friendly and loving dogs. In India, a lot of people keep Beagles as their pets. These dogs are usually very active, energetic, and playful. Beagles are not guarding dogs; however, every time they are around their owners, they act very protectively. These social dogs can be a great addition to your family. Here are some more details about Beagles:
- Origin of Beagle: Beagles are said to have originated in Great Britain. During the 1830s, they were used for different purposes such as hunting rabbits, security, and law enforcement.
- Physical features: Beagles have an adorable appearance due to their long ears and brown eyes. Their physical appearance is similar to a miniature Foxhound. The height of a Beagle is around 33 to 41 cm and weight 9 to 11 kg. Female Beagles are slightly smaller than male ones.
Price – ₹4,000 – ₹25,000
Named after the Mexican state “Chihuahua,” these dogs are one of the smallest ones in the world. You will find different types of Chihuahuas, such as apple head chihuahua and deer head chihuahua. These dogs are considered excellent watchdogs because they bark a lot at strangers. If you want to buy a Chihuahua, then check some more details about this adorable dog.
- Origin of Chihuahua: Chihuahuas are said to have originated in Mexico.
- Physical features: Many kennel clubs recognize Chihuahuas as the smallest breed of dogs. These dogs are available in different colors, such as white, black, and fawn. Generally, the height of a Chihuahua ranges between 15 to 25 cm and weight 1.8 to 2.7 kg.
Price – ₹15,000 – ₹35,000
Labrador is also popularly known as Labrador Retrievers and is a breed of a retriever gun dog. Because of their intelligence and trainability, these dogs are very popular in India. Labradors require moderate to high exercise, and their grooming is also very easy as compared to other dogs. Check below the Labrador dog price in India and some other features of this breed:
- Origin of Labrador: Labrador originated in the United Kingdom and is named after the “Labrador” region in the colony of Newfoundland. Now, it has reached several parts of the world, including India.
- Physical features: There are different colors of Labradors, such as white, black, and chocolate. Labradors come under the medium-large breed of dogs. The height of Labradors usually ranges from 55 to 62 cm and weight 25 to 36 kg. They have powerful and muscular body structures.
Price – ₹4,000 – ₹7,000
Pariah dogs are recognized as native Indian dog breeds or “Desi Dogs.” The popularity of Indian Pariah dogs as pets is also increasing among Indians. These intelligent dogs with excellent social skills can be a perfect addition to your family. Check out some more info about Pariah dogs.
- Origin of Pariah: Pariah dogs are native Indian dogs and are found in several other Asian countries as well such as Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh. Several archeological studies have found that the Indian Pariah dogs were in existence around 4500 years ago.
- Physical features: These medium-sized dogs are found in different colors ranging from dark to reddish-brown. The height of Indian Pariah dogs may range from 46 to 64 cm and weight 15 to 30 kg. They usually have wedge-shaped heads and large, erect ears. These dogs are considered good watchdogs as they are very alert.
Price – ₹20,000 – ₹30,000
These medium-sized adorable dogs are also very popular in India. However, Dalmatians also require more care and maintenance than many other breeds. These dogs became popular after Disney featured them in 101 and 102 Dalmatians. If you are looking for a fun and quirky-looking dog, then Dalmatians can be a perfect choice for you. Let us find out some more information about this energetic breed of dog.
- Origin of Dalmatian: These dogs originated in the historical region of Dalmatia in Croatia. Dalmatians were used as hunting and carriage dogs in the early days. Currently, these are the popular pet dogs among Indians.
- Physical features: Dalmatians have distinctive and unique spots. These dogs are muscular and have excellent stamina. The height of Dalmatians may vary from 58 to 61 cm and weight 15 to 32 kg. Moreover, they have round feet with well-arched toes.
Price – ₹18,000 – ₹40,000
German Shepherds are medium to large-sized dogs and are also considered working dogs. These big, courageous, and loyal dogs are one of the most loved breeds in the country. However, German Shepherds require specific care and maintenance to be happy. Understand the following features of this dog breed in India:
- Origin of German Shepherd: Their origin is from Germany. The origin of this dog dates back to 1899; however, it is still considered a modern breed of dog.
- Physical features: The height of these shepherds is usually between 55 to 65 cm and weight 22 to 40 kg. Some distinctive features include a black nose, a domed forehead, and strong jaws. Mostly these dogs are red/black or tan/black. German Shepherds are mostly known for their intelligence and are easy to train.
Price – ₹25,000 – ₹50,000
Shih-Tzu dogs are considered one of the most expensive dogs in India. These small-sized dogs are perfect for people who want an adorable pet at their home. The word Shih-Tzu means “little lion.” Shih-Tzu dogs come under the category of toy dog breed. Read more about the features and the price of this dog.
- Origin of Shih-Tzu: Shih-Tzu dogs originated from Tibet and were favorites of the Chinese royals. Shih-Tzu dogs are considered the result of a cross between Pekingese and Lhasa Apso.
- Physical features: Shih-Tzu dogs are very small in size, with a height of around 20 to 28 cm and weight 4 to 7.5 kg. Their distinctive features are floppy ears covered with long furs and heavily furred tails. Shih-Tzu dogs require regular grooming as they have very fast-growing hair.
Price – ₹5,000 – ₹12,000
Popularly known as “hotdog” or “sausage dog,” Dachshunds are considered fun dogs due to their comical features. These dogs have a unique shape and an excellent amount of courage. Dachshunds are recognized as average working dogs with obedience intelligence. Check out some more features of Dachshunds and their prices in India.
- Origin of Dachshunds: Dachshunds originated in Germany and are a very old breed of dogs. This four-legged creature includes elements of English, German, and French hounds and terriers.
- Physical features: Some Dachshunds are of standard size while some are miniature or rabbit. Their height may vary as – standard (15-19 inches), miniature (13-15 inches), and rabbit (11-13 inches) and weight 9 to 12 kg. They usually have a long muscular body with short stubby legs.
Price – ₹200,000 – ₹500,000
If you are looking for a pet with a dense double coat, then Chow Chow is your dog. This dog is one of the most beautiful and admired pet dogs in India. According to some owners, Chow Chow has a slightly cat-like personality. Here we bring some more details that you can consider before getting a Chow Chow.
- Origin of Chow Chow: Chow Chow comes from northern China, where they were used to pull dog sleds through swampy terrain.
- Physical features: Chow Chow dogs are usually square in profile with erect ears and a broad skull. Their thick fur in the neck region gives them a distinctive appearance. They have a unique purple/ blue-black tongue. The height of Chow Chow is around 17 to 22 inches.
How to get a dog in India?
Are you looking for the cheapest dog in India? You can select the dog breed that you want to get from the above list of the 12 cheapest dogs in India. Different pet shops have different price ranges for various dog breeds. This is why we have mentioned a price range from which you can get an idea of the average puppy dog price in India.
All the dog breeds mentioned here are budget-friendly. After proper research about features and prices, we have sorted some of the best dog breeds that are suitable to keep as pets in India. If you want to get the cheapest dog in India, then, first of all, you have to decide whether you are looking for a watchdog, a toy dog, or a guard dog. Once you have decided, you can choose any of the above-listed dog breeds and keep it as a pet.
How can you adopt a dog in India?
If you want to bring an adorable dog to home but are confused about how to adopt one, then follow the necessary steps:
- Find a dog shelter house in your surroundings.
- Visit there and select the dog you like.
- Develop a friendly bond with the dog.
- Make sure to check the medical history of the dog.
- You can also understand the features and requirements of that particular dog breed.
- Follow the necessary procedures at the dog shelter house.
- You also have to sign the adoption papers.
- Then, you will be able to take your dog home.
Monthly cost of owning a dog: are you able to afford one?
After understanding the dogs price, you should also know about the maintenance cost of a pet dog. The monthly cost of owning a dog may vary depending on the dog breed, type of food, and other factors. For example, the average monthly cost of a Golden Retriever can go from INR 3,500 to INR 10,000 per month.
Knowing the expenses before taking a pet home is always helpful. When you get a pet dog, you not only have to pay for food but also for different supplies for dogs. Some common expenses include dog food, vitamins and supplements, toys, dog beds, food or water bowls, and collars. Monthly maintenance costs of dogs also include grooming charges, routine vet visits, and hospital charges.
Recommended essentials for your pets
There are certain products and essentials that every dog owner in India should have. Here are some of the recommended items that you can add for an ideal pet parenting experience:
- Anti-tick Powder
- Ear and Eyes Wipes
- Water Bottle
- Grooming Gloves
- Dental Care Products
- Kennel Cleaning Products
- Dog Jacket
- Dog Harness and Leashes
Get home a real stress buster
Whether it is a dog or any other animal, pets are the real stress busters. Imagine going back home after a long and exhausting day at work and seeing your loyal friend waiting for you at the doorstep. This moment is in itself a massive stress buster. Furthermore, the way you love and take care of an animal shows the way you treat others.
Keeping dogs as pets does require some attention, dedication, and money. However, these are just small prices in front of the number of benefits you get from a pet dog. Also, those who have pets are able to deal better with any emotional trial or circumstances. So, if you are also looking for a friend that understands the unsaid, then get yourself a dog today. There are different breeds of dogs in India that you can keep as pets.
We recommend first checking the dog price in India and knowing their features so that you know well what your pet wants. Even if you do not have much money to spend on pets, there are some Indian dog breeds that are easy to manage and require fewer maintenance costs. Now that you have understood all the details, you can identify the dog based on your height, weight, color, and breed preference. Whether you want a small-sized dog or medium to large-sized, there are many native as well as foreign dog breeds in India. You can check the Indian dog price list and select the one that fits your budget.
Science3 years ago
How To Make a Dry Ice Bomb at Home? Risks and Precautions
Informative3 years ago
21 Amazing Fruits That Are Not Round
How to3 years ago
How to Put a Tampon On: Step by Step Guide
How to3 years ago
Here’s How to Know When The Oil Cartridge Is Empty
Informative3 years ago
Elf Ear Surgery: Cost, Procedure, and Risks
How to3 years ago
Fixed: The Torrent You Are Trying To Add is Already in The List
How to3 years ago
How To Thaw Frozen Pipes Underground
How to3 years ago
Solved: How to Change Your Age on TikTok? (2021)